Downed Power Pole Knocks Power Out To Hundreds In Dunnigan Area
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Power is restored to some 700 customers who lost it last night around 11 p.m. Monday, says PG&E.
Roads near the Yolo County town of Dunnigan were still closed on Tuesday morning after a damaged power pole sparked a grass fire. Smoke and flames could be seen coming from county Road 88, just off Interstate 5.
When crews arrived, they found a transformer from the pole throwing sparks into the grass, which was on fire. It also leaked oil on the roadway.
County Road 88 near Highway 99 remained closed into Tuesday morning as crews repaired the transformer and a pole that burned in the fire.