Downed Power Pole Knocks Power Out To Hundreds In Dunnigan Area
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Power is restored to some 700 customers who lost it last night around 11 p.m. Monday, says PG&E.
Roads near the Yolo County town of Dunnigan were still closed on Tuesday morning after a damaged power pole sparked a grass fire. Smoke and flames could be seen coming from county Road 88, just off Interstate 5.
When crews arrived, they found a transformer from the pole throwing sparks into the grass, which was on fire. It also leaked oil on the roadway.
County Road 88 near Highway 99 remained closed into Tuesday morning as crews repaired the transformer and a pole that burned in the fire.