Downed Power Pole Knocks Power Out To Hundreds In Dunnigan Area
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Power is restored to some 700 customers who lost it last night around 11 p.m. Monday, says PG&E.
Roads near the Yolo County town of Dunnigan were still closed on Tuesday morning after a damaged power pole sparked a grass fire. Smoke and flames could be seen coming from county Road 88, just off Interstate 5.
When crews arrived, they found a transformer from the pole throwing sparks into the grass, which was on fire. It also leaked oil on the roadway.
County Road 88 near Highway 99 remained closed into Tuesday morning as crews repaired the transformer and a pole that burned in the fire.