Cool Night Helps Crews Put Out Fire Near Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Fire Department investigators are looking into what caused a fire that burned along the American River Bike Trail near Cal Expo overnight.
The fire started just after 12:30 a.m. near Ethan Way, by the southeast end of Cal Expo. More than five acres were burned, officials say.
Firefighters are crediting cooler weather with helping them douse the flames. If the fire happened during the day, officials note, the flames would have reached Cal Expo.
Multiple agencies helped in putting out the fire.
Crews will be out most of the day along the American River Bike Trail watching for hot spots.
Investigators tell CBS13 there is no way the fire started on its own.