Cool Night Helps Crews Put Out Fire Near Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Fire Department investigators are looking into what caused a fire that burned along the American River Bike Trail near Cal Expo overnight.
The fire started just after 12:30 a.m. near Ethan Way, by the southeast end of Cal Expo. More than five acres were burned, officials say.
Firefighters are crediting cooler weather with helping them douse the flames. If the fire happened during the day, officials note, the flames would have reached Cal Expo.
Multiple agencies helped in putting out the fire.
Crews will be out most of the day along the American River Bike Trail watching for hot spots.
Investigators tell CBS13 there is no way the fire started on its own.