Cool Night Helps Crews Put Out Fire Near Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Fire Department investigators are looking into what caused a fire that burned along the American River Bike Trail near Cal Expo overnight.
The fire started just after 12:30 a.m. near Ethan Way, by the southeast end of Cal Expo. More than five acres were burned, officials say.
Firefighters are crediting cooler weather with helping them douse the flames. If the fire happened during the day, officials note, the flames would have reached Cal Expo.
Multiple agencies helped in putting out the fire.
Crews will be out most of the day along the American River Bike Trail watching for hot spots.
Investigators tell CBS13 there is no way the fire started on its own.