Cool Night Helps Crews Put Out Fire Near Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Fire Department investigators are looking into what caused a fire that burned along the American River Bike Trail near Cal Expo overnight.
The fire started just after 12:30 a.m. near Ethan Way, by the southeast end of Cal Expo. More than five acres were burned, officials say.
Firefighters are crediting cooler weather with helping them douse the flames. If the fire happened during the day, officials note, the flames would have reached Cal Expo.
Multiple agencies helped in putting out the fire.
Crews will be out most of the day along the American River Bike Trail watching for hot spots.
Investigators tell CBS13 there is no way the fire started on its own.