Cool Night Helps Crews Put Out Fire Near Cal Expo
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Sacramento Fire Department investigators are looking into what caused a fire that burned along the American River Bike Trail near Cal Expo overnight.
The fire started just after 12:30 a.m. near Ethan Way, by the southeast end of Cal Expo. More than five acres were burned, officials say.
Firefighters are crediting cooler weather with helping them douse the flames. If the fire happened during the day, officials note, the flames would have reached Cal Expo.
Multiple agencies helped in putting out the fire.
Crews will be out most of the day along the American River Bike Trail watching for hot spots.
Investigators tell CBS13 there is no way the fire started on its own.