Folsom Rodeo’s Toughest Competitor Rode In On A Princess Carriage
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) — A Sacramento girl fighting cancer was the star attraction at Thursday’s Folsom Rodeo as she got the surprise of her young life.
When you think of a rodeo, you think of rough and tough cowboys, fearless horses and dusty boots.
But on the first night of the rodeo, the toughest competitor rode in on a princess carriage.
Alyssa Kalb, 6, has never ridden a bull or roped a calf, but she’s currently scratching and clawing her way back from a brain tumor.
“She’s doing well. Her last treatment was in November and her tumor still has to be watched,” her mom Terri Kalb said.
Alyssa thought she was just at the rodeo to represent the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but as she rode in from the sunset, she was about to shine in a spotlight surprise.
She learned she’d be riding on a Disney Cruise Ship courtesy of Wells Fargo and the foundation.