Folsom Rodeo’s Toughest Competitor Rode In On A Princess Carriage
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) — A Sacramento girl fighting cancer was the star attraction at Thursday’s Folsom Rodeo as she got the surprise of her young life.
When you think of a rodeo, you think of rough and tough cowboys, fearless horses and dusty boots.
But on the first night of the rodeo, the toughest competitor rode in on a princess carriage.
Alyssa Kalb, 6, has never ridden a bull or roped a calf, but she’s currently scratching and clawing her way back from a brain tumor.
“She’s doing well. Her last treatment was in November and her tumor still has to be watched,” her mom Terri Kalb said.
Alyssa thought she was just at the rodeo to represent the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but as she rode in from the sunset, she was about to shine in a spotlight surprise.
She learned she’d be riding on a Disney Cruise Ship courtesy of Wells Fargo and the foundation.