Folsom Rodeo’s Toughest Competitor Rode In On A Princess Carriage
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) — A Sacramento girl fighting cancer was the star attraction at Thursday’s Folsom Rodeo as she got the surprise of her young life.
When you think of a rodeo, you think of rough and tough cowboys, fearless horses and dusty boots.
But on the first night of the rodeo, the toughest competitor rode in on a princess carriage.
Alyssa Kalb, 6, has never ridden a bull or roped a calf, but she’s currently scratching and clawing her way back from a brain tumor.
“She’s doing well. Her last treatment was in November and her tumor still has to be watched,” her mom Terri Kalb said.
Alyssa thought she was just at the rodeo to represent the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but as she rode in from the sunset, she was about to shine in a spotlight surprise.
She learned she’d be riding on a Disney Cruise Ship courtesy of Wells Fargo and the foundation.