Folsom Rodeo’s Toughest Competitor Rode In On A Princess Carriage
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
FOLSOM (CBS13) — A Sacramento girl fighting cancer was the star attraction at Thursday’s Folsom Rodeo as she got the surprise of her young life.
When you think of a rodeo, you think of rough and tough cowboys, fearless horses and dusty boots.
But on the first night of the rodeo, the toughest competitor rode in on a princess carriage.
Alyssa Kalb, 6, has never ridden a bull or roped a calf, but she’s currently scratching and clawing her way back from a brain tumor.
“She’s doing well. Her last treatment was in November and her tumor still has to be watched,” her mom Terri Kalb said.
Alyssa thought she was just at the rodeo to represent the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but as she rode in from the sunset, she was about to shine in a spotlight surprise.
She learned she’d be riding on a Disney Cruise Ship courtesy of Wells Fargo and the foundation.