Folsom Rodeo’s Toughest Competitor Rode In On A Princess Carriage
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) — A Sacramento girl fighting cancer was the star attraction at Thursday’s Folsom Rodeo as she got the surprise of her young life.
When you think of a rodeo, you think of rough and tough cowboys, fearless horses and dusty boots.
But on the first night of the rodeo, the toughest competitor rode in on a princess carriage.
Alyssa Kalb, 6, has never ridden a bull or roped a calf, but she’s currently scratching and clawing her way back from a brain tumor.
“She’s doing well. Her last treatment was in November and her tumor still has to be watched,” her mom Terri Kalb said.
Alyssa thought she was just at the rodeo to represent the Make-A-Wish Foundation, but as she rode in from the sunset, she was about to shine in a spotlight surprise.
She learned she’d be riding on a Disney Cruise Ship courtesy of Wells Fargo and the foundation.