Police: Burglary Suspect Fires Gun At Employees Chasing After Him
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) – An 18-year-old burglary suspect is also facing attempted murder charges after police say he fired a gun at employees who tried to chase him.
The incident happened just after 5 p.m. Wednesday at a business along the 2300 block of Grand Canal Boulevard, according to the Stockton Police Department. Police say one suspect – 18-year-old Jarrell Ellis – worked to distract employees of the business while another suspect reached over a counter to pocket some property.
Both suspects then took off running from the business, but with employees chasing after them.
The employees were able to catch up to Ellis and wrestle him to the ground, police say, but he was soon able to get back up. Police say that Ellis then pulled out a handgun and fired off a round.
No one looks to have been hurt in the shooting, and officers soon arrived and arrested Ellis.
Ellis was booked at San Joaquin County Jail on numerous charges, including conspiracy, burglary and attempted willful murder, according to the jail website.
The second suspect has not been found.