Police: Burglary Suspect Fires Gun At Employees Chasing After Him
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – An 18-year-old burglary suspect is also facing attempted murder charges after police say he fired a gun at employees who tried to chase him.
The incident happened just after 5 p.m. Wednesday at a business along the 2300 block of Grand Canal Boulevard, according to the Stockton Police Department. Police say one suspect – 18-year-old Jarrell Ellis – worked to distract employees of the business while another suspect reached over a counter to pocket some property.
Both suspects then took off running from the business, but with employees chasing after them.
The employees were able to catch up to Ellis and wrestle him to the ground, police say, but he was soon able to get back up. Police say that Ellis then pulled out a handgun and fired off a round.
No one looks to have been hurt in the shooting, and officers soon arrived and arrested Ellis.
Ellis was booked at San Joaquin County Jail on numerous charges, including conspiracy, burglary and attempted willful murder, according to the jail website.
The second suspect has not been found.