Man Swinging Chain And Padlock Robs 2 In Downtown Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police say that a man armed with an unusual weapon robbed two people in downtown Sacramento Saturday morning.
According to the Sacramento Police Department, the incident happened near 10th and I Streets just after 8:30 a.m. Two people were in the area when a man armed with a chain and padlock approached.
The man reportedly swung the chain at the pair and told them to give up their property.
Police say that some officers were nearby and saw the suspect – identified later as 30-year-old Jonathan Collions – running away. The officers were able to catch up to him and arrest him, but the stolen items were never found.
Collions was later booked at Sacramento County Jail on felony robbery and assault with a deadly weapon charges. His bail is set at $75,000.