Police Detain Domestic Violence Suspect Inside Elk Grove Home
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police have detained a domestic violence suspect at a home in Elk Grove where a gunshot may have also been fired.
Two kids, one 8 and the other 13, were also inside the home in the 5600 block of Tamarindo Lane when the suspect surrendered, according to Elk Grove P.D. spokesperson Officer Christopher Trim. Both kids are unhurt.
Police say the victim went to the hospital on Monday morning with a gunshot wound and said her husband, the suspect, pulled the trigger. Officers went to the home and the suspect peacefully surrendered a few hours later. He was handcuffed and driven away from the home in the back of a police car.
Police were waiting for a warrant so they could conduct their crime scene investigation.
The victim’s injuries are not believed to be life threatening.