Police Detain Domestic Violence Suspect Inside Elk Grove Home
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police have detained a domestic violence suspect at a home in Elk Grove where a gunshot may have also been fired.
Two kids, one 8 and the other 13, were also inside the home in the 5600 block of Tamarindo Lane when the suspect surrendered, according to Elk Grove P.D. spokesperson Officer Christopher Trim. Both kids are unhurt.
Police say the victim went to the hospital on Monday morning with a gunshot wound and said her husband, the suspect, pulled the trigger. Officers went to the home and the suspect peacefully surrendered a few hours later. He was handcuffed and driven away from the home in the back of a police car.
Police were waiting for a warrant so they could conduct their crime scene investigation.
The victim’s injuries are not believed to be life threatening.