Massive School Of Anchovy Migrates Off California
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SAN DIEGO (AP) – Scientists say a massive school of anchovy migrating off San Diego County is the largest in 30 years.
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography on Tuesday released video of the giant school darkening shallow waters near La Jolla.
Spokesman Robert Monroe tells the Los Angeles Times a large crowd gathered at the Scripps pier to check out the fish. He said it was like watching the motion of a lava lamp.
Scientists don’t have an estimate on how many anchovies were in the school.
Members of the Scripps Marine Vertebrate Collection have collected samples to be studied.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography http://bit.ly/VXzv0H
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.