Massive School Of Anchovy Migrates Off California
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SAN DIEGO (AP) – Scientists say a massive school of anchovy migrating off San Diego County is the largest in 30 years.
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography on Tuesday released video of the giant school darkening shallow waters near La Jolla.
Spokesman Robert Monroe tells the Los Angeles Times a large crowd gathered at the Scripps pier to check out the fish. He said it was like watching the motion of a lava lamp.
Scientists don’t have an estimate on how many anchovies were in the school.
Members of the Scripps Marine Vertebrate Collection have collected samples to be studied.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography http://bit.ly/VXzv0H
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.