Massive School Of Anchovy Migrates Off California
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) – Scientists say a massive school of anchovy migrating off San Diego County is the largest in 30 years.
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography on Tuesday released video of the giant school darkening shallow waters near La Jolla.
Spokesman Robert Monroe tells the Los Angeles Times a large crowd gathered at the Scripps pier to check out the fish. He said it was like watching the motion of a lava lamp.
Scientists don’t have an estimate on how many anchovies were in the school.
Members of the Scripps Marine Vertebrate Collection have collected samples to be studied.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography http://bit.ly/VXzv0H
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.