Massive School Of Anchovy Migrates Off California
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SAN DIEGO (AP) – Scientists say a massive school of anchovy migrating off San Diego County is the largest in 30 years.
The Scripps Institution of Oceanography on Tuesday released video of the giant school darkening shallow waters near La Jolla.
Spokesman Robert Monroe tells the Los Angeles Times a large crowd gathered at the Scripps pier to check out the fish. He said it was like watching the motion of a lava lamp.
Scientists don’t have an estimate on how many anchovies were in the school.
Members of the Scripps Marine Vertebrate Collection have collected samples to be studied.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography http://bit.ly/VXzv0H
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.