Big Rig Crashes Into Row Of Cars In Nicolaus
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
NICOLAUS (CBS13) – Officials say that the driver of a big rig plowed into a row of cars along Highway 99 near Nicolaus early Thursday morning.
Just after 2 a.m., the big rig crashed into cars that had reportedly slowed for the construction along the highway, near Power Line Road.
California Highway Patrol investigators say that the driver of the big rig failed to stop and crashed into the cars – six in total.
“I think he just misjudged the vehicles in front of him as to not realize they were stopped. He was probably under the impression that they were moving,” said Sgt. Chris Wurster with CHP.
A total of 12 people were hurt in the crash, and seven had to be transported. All injuries are said to be minor.
The roadway was fully reopened a little after 5:30 a.m.