Big Rig Crashes Into Row Of Cars In Nicolaus
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
NICOLAUS (CBS13) – Officials say that the driver of a big rig plowed into a row of cars along Highway 99 near Nicolaus early Thursday morning.
Just after 2 a.m., the big rig crashed into cars that had reportedly slowed for the construction along the highway, near Power Line Road.
California Highway Patrol investigators say that the driver of the big rig failed to stop and crashed into the cars – six in total.
“I think he just misjudged the vehicles in front of him as to not realize they were stopped. He was probably under the impression that they were moving,” said Sgt. Chris Wurster with CHP.
A total of 12 people were hurt in the crash, and seven had to be transported. All injuries are said to be minor.
The roadway was fully reopened a little after 5:30 a.m.