Big Rig Crashes Into Row Of Cars In Nicolaus
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
NICOLAUS (CBS13) – Officials say that the driver of a big rig plowed into a row of cars along Highway 99 near Nicolaus early Thursday morning.
Just after 2 a.m., the big rig crashed into cars that had reportedly slowed for the construction along the highway, near Power Line Road.
California Highway Patrol investigators say that the driver of the big rig failed to stop and crashed into the cars – six in total.
“I think he just misjudged the vehicles in front of him as to not realize they were stopped. He was probably under the impression that they were moving,” said Sgt. Chris Wurster with CHP.
A total of 12 people were hurt in the crash, and seven had to be transported. All injuries are said to be minor.
The roadway was fully reopened a little after 5:30 a.m.