Big Rig Crashes Into Row Of Cars In Nicolaus
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
NICOLAUS (CBS13) – Officials say that the driver of a big rig plowed into a row of cars along Highway 99 near Nicolaus early Thursday morning.
Just after 2 a.m., the big rig crashed into cars that had reportedly slowed for the construction along the highway, near Power Line Road.
California Highway Patrol investigators say that the driver of the big rig failed to stop and crashed into the cars – six in total.
“I think he just misjudged the vehicles in front of him as to not realize they were stopped. He was probably under the impression that they were moving,” said Sgt. Chris Wurster with CHP.
A total of 12 people were hurt in the crash, and seven had to be transported. All injuries are said to be minor.
The roadway was fully reopened a little after 5:30 a.m.