Grandma Sentenced After Toddler Drinks Meth Tea
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
IDYLLWILD (AP) — A woman whose 2-year-old granddaughter drank methamphetamine-laced tea has pleaded guilty to child endangerment and possession of a controlled substance.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise says Cynthia Ann Watson entered pleas Tuesday in a Riverside County court. She was sentenced to 60 days in custody, including 43 days in a work-release program.
She’s also ordered to stay away from her grandchildren.
Authorities say the 51-year-old resident of Aloha, Oregon was visiting her family in Garner Valley — a community near Idyllwild — last month when she prepared the meth-laced tea to get high but left it unattended.
Her granddaughter drank some. The toddler tested positive for methamphetamine at a hospital but was expected to make a full recovery.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.