Grandma Sentenced After Toddler Drinks Meth Tea
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
IDYLLWILD (AP) — A woman whose 2-year-old granddaughter drank methamphetamine-laced tea has pleaded guilty to child endangerment and possession of a controlled substance.
The Riverside Press-Enterprise says Cynthia Ann Watson entered pleas Tuesday in a Riverside County court. She was sentenced to 60 days in custody, including 43 days in a work-release program.
She’s also ordered to stay away from her grandchildren.
Authorities say the 51-year-old resident of Aloha, Oregon was visiting her family in Garner Valley — a community near Idyllwild — last month when she prepared the meth-laced tea to get high but left it unattended.
Her granddaughter drank some. The toddler tested positive for methamphetamine at a hospital but was expected to make a full recovery.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.