Placer County Deputy Accused Of Unlawful Sex With 17-Year-Old Arrested
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – A sheriff’s deputy has been arrested on charges he had unlawful sex with a 17-year-old, authorities say.
The alleged relationship happened back in 2011. Detectives say they were tipped off by another deputy that Placer County Sheriff’s Deputy Ken Skogen was in a relationship with the teen. The teen, whose gender was not stated, was said to be a volunteer with the department.
With Skogen, the teen and the reporting deputy all working for the department at the time, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office asked the Placer County District Attorney’s office to investigate the allegations.
The investigation eventually resulted in four felony charges being filed against Skogen: unlawful sex with a minor, oral copulation with a minor, meeting a minor for the purposes of having sex and communicating with a minor for engaging in lewd or lascivious behavior.
Skogen was arrested Thursday, the department says. He has since posted his $100,000 bail. His arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 4 at 8:30 a.m.