Fire In Elk Grove Halts Flights In And Out Of Franklin Field Airport
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Air traffic has been temporarily halted at Franklin Field airport because of smoke from a nearby grass fire.
The two-alarm fire is on 12480 Bruceville Road, near the southwest corner of the airport. The fire, which is now contained, burned about 120 acres, according to a statement from the Consumnes Fire Department.
No structures are being threatened by the fire and no injuries have been reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.