Fire In Elk Grove Halts Flights In And Out Of Franklin Field Airport
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Air traffic has been temporarily halted at Franklin Field airport because of smoke from a nearby grass fire.
The two-alarm fire is on 12480 Bruceville Road, near the southwest corner of the airport. The fire, which is now contained, burned about 120 acres, according to a statement from the Consumnes Fire Department.
No structures are being threatened by the fire and no injuries have been reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.