Fire In Elk Grove Halts Flights In And Out Of Franklin Field Airport
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Air traffic has been temporarily halted at Franklin Field airport because of smoke from a nearby grass fire.
The two-alarm fire is on 12480 Bruceville Road, near the southwest corner of the airport. The fire, which is now contained, burned about 120 acres, according to a statement from the Consumnes Fire Department.
No structures are being threatened by the fire and no injuries have been reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.