Fire In Elk Grove Halts Flights In And Out Of Franklin Field Airport
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Air traffic has been temporarily halted at Franklin Field airport because of smoke from a nearby grass fire.
The two-alarm fire is on 12480 Bruceville Road, near the southwest corner of the airport. The fire, which is now contained, burned about 120 acres, according to a statement from the Consumnes Fire Department.
No structures are being threatened by the fire and no injuries have been reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.