Grass Fire Burns Part Of American River Parkway, Closes WB Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A three-alarm grass fire is burning on the American River Parkway.
A Cal Expo spokeswoman told CBS13 the fire did not affect the California State Fair, and was instead near the Costco on the other side of Business 80.
Flames could be seen from the Costco on Exposition Boulevard.
Westbound Business 80 was shut down at 6 p.m. due to the fire. It was reopened 20 minutes later.
A fire threatened the July 4 fireworks show at Cal Expo. The heavy smoke postponed a Sacramento Republic FC match because of Bonney Field’s proximity to the smoke.