Grass Fire Burns Part Of American River Parkway, Closes WB Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A three-alarm grass fire is burning on the American River Parkway.
A Cal Expo spokeswoman told CBS13 the fire did not affect the California State Fair, and was instead near the Costco on the other side of Business 80.
Flames could be seen from the Costco on Exposition Boulevard.
Westbound Business 80 was shut down at 6 p.m. due to the fire. It was reopened 20 minutes later.
A fire threatened the July 4 fireworks show at Cal Expo. The heavy smoke postponed a Sacramento Republic FC match because of Bonney Field’s proximity to the smoke.