Grass Fire Burns Part Of American River Parkway, Closes WB Interstate 80
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A three-alarm grass fire is burning on the American River Parkway.
A Cal Expo spokeswoman told CBS13 the fire did not affect the California State Fair, and was instead near the Costco on the other side of Business 80.
Flames could be seen from the Costco on Exposition Boulevard.
Westbound Business 80 was shut down at 6 p.m. due to the fire. It was reopened 20 minutes later.
A fire threatened the July 4 fireworks show at Cal Expo. The heavy smoke postponed a Sacramento Republic FC match because of Bonney Field’s proximity to the smoke.