Krispy Kreme Moves In Next Door, Mom And Pop Shop Steps Up Its Game
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The future of family-owned Bakers Donuts seemed fried after Krispy Kreme moved in next door.
“We were in the red four months ago,” said owner Douglas Hem.
Fearing they’d have to close the register for good, they decided – instead of throwing in the spatulas and mixers – they’d just mix up their predictable menu into something much bigger and sweeter.
“Everyone wants to try our ‘cronuts’… croissant donuts,” Hem said.
Their most recent concoction, the ice cream donut, hit the shelves just five days ago.
“We’re going to get everyone addicted to all sugar!” Hem said.
Regulars to first-timers are tasting the difference.
“Yeah we noticed a difference. We are here every day,” said customer Linda Massaro.
The majority of customers who found out about the confections did so on social media
“I seen it on Instagram,” said cronut shopper Pedro Trevizo.
The shop hasn’t spent a dime on advertising its new donuts, but say they’ve nearly tripled sales since November.
Find Bakers Donuts at 5880 Florin Road in Sacramento.