Krispy Kreme Moves In Next Door, Mom And Pop Shop Steps Up Its Game
Don't Miss This
- Santa Delivers Presents To Stockton Boy And Class After ‘Getting Lost’ Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The future of family-owned Bakers Donuts seemed fried after Krispy Kreme moved in next door.
“We were in the red four months ago,” said owner Douglas Hem.
Fearing they’d have to close the register for good, they decided – instead of throwing in the spatulas and mixers – they’d just mix up their predictable menu into something much bigger and sweeter.
“Everyone wants to try our ‘cronuts’… croissant donuts,” Hem said.
Their most recent concoction, the ice cream donut, hit the shelves just five days ago.
“We’re going to get everyone addicted to all sugar!” Hem said.
Regulars to first-timers are tasting the difference.
“Yeah we noticed a difference. We are here every day,” said customer Linda Massaro.
The majority of customers who found out about the confections did so on social media
“I seen it on Instagram,” said cronut shopper Pedro Trevizo.
The shop hasn’t spent a dime on advertising its new donuts, but say they’ve nearly tripled sales since November.
Find Bakers Donuts at 5880 Florin Road in Sacramento.