Krispy Kreme Moves In Next Door, Mom And Pop Shop Steps Up Its Game
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The future of family-owned Bakers Donuts seemed fried after Krispy Kreme moved in next door.
“We were in the red four months ago,” said owner Douglas Hem.
Fearing they’d have to close the register for good, they decided – instead of throwing in the spatulas and mixers – they’d just mix up their predictable menu into something much bigger and sweeter.
“Everyone wants to try our ‘cronuts’… croissant donuts,” Hem said.
Their most recent concoction, the ice cream donut, hit the shelves just five days ago.
“We’re going to get everyone addicted to all sugar!” Hem said.
Regulars to first-timers are tasting the difference.
“Yeah we noticed a difference. We are here every day,” said customer Linda Massaro.
The majority of customers who found out about the confections did so on social media
“I seen it on Instagram,” said cronut shopper Pedro Trevizo.
The shop hasn’t spent a dime on advertising its new donuts, but say they’ve nearly tripled sales since November.
Find Bakers Donuts at 5880 Florin Road in Sacramento.