Sacramento Men Plead Not Guilty In Fight Outside AT&T Park
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – Two Sacramento men have pleaded not guilty to charges in connection with a fight outside AT&T Park in San Francisco that left a woman unconscious.
Forty-two-year-old Anthony Rucker and 32-year-old Francisco Lopez entered their pleas to felony assault and battery charges in a San Francisco courtroom on Tuesday.
Rucker is accused of punching a 27-year-old Oakland woman who tried intervening in a fight after the Giants lost to the Oakland A’s on July 10. Police say the fight was not related to the game.
Rucker’s attorney, Peter Santina, said his client was defending himself and didn’t intend to hit the woman. Lopez’s attorney, Lorne Dubin, said Lopez was assaulted during the incident.
Rucker and Lopez remain jailed.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.