Sacramento Men Plead Not Guilty In Fight Outside AT&T Park
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) – Two Sacramento men have pleaded not guilty to charges in connection with a fight outside AT&T Park in San Francisco that left a woman unconscious.
Forty-two-year-old Anthony Rucker and 32-year-old Francisco Lopez entered their pleas to felony assault and battery charges in a San Francisco courtroom on Tuesday.
Rucker is accused of punching a 27-year-old Oakland woman who tried intervening in a fight after the Giants lost to the Oakland A’s on July 10. Police say the fight was not related to the game.
Rucker’s attorney, Peter Santina, said his client was defending himself and didn’t intend to hit the woman. Lopez’s attorney, Lorne Dubin, said Lopez was assaulted during the incident.
Rucker and Lopez remain jailed.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.