Coroner’s Office Identifies 2 Sacramento Women Killed On I-80 In Placer County
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – The Placer County Sheriff’s Coroner has released the identities of two women who were killed in a crash on I-80 in Auburn on Thursday.
Shapre Nina Monique Nichols, 23, and Antoinette Danielle Powell, 22, both of Sacramento, were killed on Thursday when the car they were riding in hit a rock wall on the side of the freeway.
Witnesses say the decedent’s car, a 2006 Nissan Altima, was driving in the fast lane at around noon when, for unknown reasons, swerved right across all lanes, left the road and hit the embankment. It then swerved left and overturned in the right two lanes of traffic, according to a statement from the CHP.
A third female passenger, Robnisha Briggs, 24, of Sacramento, was taken by ambulance to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries. She was sitting in the right front seat of the car.
All three women were wearing seatbelts, the CHP reports.
It’s unknown if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.