Coroner’s Office Identifies 2 Sacramento Women Killed On I-80 In Placer County
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
PLACER COUNTY (CBS13) – The Placer County Sheriff’s Coroner has released the identities of two women who were killed in a crash on I-80 in Auburn on Thursday.
Shapre Nina Monique Nichols, 23, and Antoinette Danielle Powell, 22, both of Sacramento, were killed on Thursday when the car they were riding in hit a rock wall on the side of the freeway.
Witnesses say the decedent’s car, a 2006 Nissan Altima, was driving in the fast lane at around noon when, for unknown reasons, swerved right across all lanes, left the road and hit the embankment. It then swerved left and overturned in the right two lanes of traffic, according to a statement from the CHP.
A third female passenger, Robnisha Briggs, 24, of Sacramento, was taken by ambulance to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries. She was sitting in the right front seat of the car.
All three women were wearing seatbelts, the CHP reports.
It’s unknown if drugs or alcohol played a role in the crash.