Crews Keep Grass Fire From Spreading To South Sacramento Homes
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – City fire crews responded to a grass fire that nearly spread to five homes in south Sacramento Saturday afternoon.
The scene is at 2720 18th Street, according to Sacramento City Fire. The fire, which was first reported a little after 4:30 p.m., went to 2-alarms.
Fire crews first reported that a home was involved in the fire, but it was found that the structure was just an outbuilding. Crews were set along several homes and were able to knock down the forward spread of the fire in minutes before houses were involved.
Sacramento Fire Department officials credit having four person crews with helping stem such multi-alarm fires.
Having 4 person crews makes a huge difference with these types of incidents SacCityFire has had more multialarm fires in 6mo than last 2yrs.—
SacFire PIO (@SacFirePIO) July 20, 2014