Man, 90, Dead After Being Hit, Dragged By Car On Meadowview Road
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police say that a 90-year-old man has died after being hit by a car along Meadowview Road late Wednesday night.
The incident happened a little before 10:30 p.m., near Meadowview Road and 21st Street. Sacramento Police say that investigators are unsure if the man was crossing the street or tripped and fell into the roadway when he was hit by the first car.
At least two cars are said to have hit the man. The final car that hit him dragged his body up to a mile down Meadowview Road.
The person driving the car told police he didn’t know he was dragging a body.
“It’s a real sad thing; we hate to see something like this happen to anybody,” said Sgt. Stephen Moore with Sacramento Police. “Traffic safety is something that we’re working on in this city and something that we’re trying to improve on a daily basis.”
Later Thursday morning, the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office identified the man killed as Sacramento resident Russell Victor Johnson.
Meadowview Road between 21st and 29th Streets was closed until 6 a.m. as police conducted an intensive investigation.
Investigators are asking anyone who may have seen the incident to come forward.