Man Suspected Of Assaulting Police Officer Arrested In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A man wanted on charges of assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer was arrested in Stockton Thursday afternoon.
The charges against 30-year-old Wesley Stanfill stem from an incident in Lodi. According to the Stockton Police Department, a car stolen back in May was spotted in the driveway of a home along Edan Avenue a little after 3 p.m. by the US Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force.
Officers soon saw the car pull out of the driveway with Stanfill at the wheel and tried to pull it over, but the driver wouldn’t yield. Police say Stanfill led officers on a chase until he crashed into a parked car.
Stanfill then got out of the car and took off running, police say. A perimeter was set up and Stanfill was soon found and arrested.
Police say that a loaded handgun was found in the car.
Stanfill was booked at San Joaquin County Jail on a laundry list of charges, including the outstanding warrant, resisting arrest and gun charges.