Pregnant Woman Killed In Suspected DUI Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
REDDING (AP) — The California Highway Patrol says a pregnant woman has died from injuries suffered in a crash involving a suspected drunk driver in Shasta County.
The Redding Record Searchlight reports the accident occurred on Highway 44 near Millville about 9:30 p.m. Friday, when a Toyota Camry crossed into oncoming traffic, crashed into a fence and rolled several times.
Officers say bystanders rescued the Toyota’s four occupants before the car became engulfed in flames.
The pregnant woman, who was 20 years old and four months pregnant, was rushed to Mercy Medical Center, where she died from severe blunt-force injuries. The driver and two other passengers suffered major injuries.
Officers say they believe alcohol was a factor in the crash, and they have arrested the driver, 36-year-old Robert Frederick of Burnt Ranch.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press