Pregnant Woman Killed In Suspected DUI Crash
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
REDDING (AP) — The California Highway Patrol says a pregnant woman has died from injuries suffered in a crash involving a suspected drunk driver in Shasta County.
The Redding Record Searchlight reports the accident occurred on Highway 44 near Millville about 9:30 p.m. Friday, when a Toyota Camry crossed into oncoming traffic, crashed into a fence and rolled several times.
Officers say bystanders rescued the Toyota’s four occupants before the car became engulfed in flames.
The pregnant woman, who was 20 years old and four months pregnant, was rushed to Mercy Medical Center, where she died from severe blunt-force injuries. The driver and two other passengers suffered major injuries.
Officers say they believe alcohol was a factor in the crash, and they have arrested the driver, 36-year-old Robert Frederick of Burnt Ranch.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press