Experts Review Sacramento Transit Security
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Security experts from across the country are in Sacramento this week checking the safety of buses and light-rail trains.
Officials from Denver, Portland and Los Angeles transit agencies will be touring the system and making security suggestions.
Earlier this year there was a murder, and an officer-involved shooting on board RT trains.
RT board chairman Phil Serna says he wants to have sufficient security once the new downtown arena opens.
“When you think about the new arena downtown, you’re going to have thousands of people that may have never ridden our system in the past and this will be the first time they get to experience it, so we really want to put our best foot forward,” says Serna.
It has been about a decade since the last independent review of RT’s security.