Texas Man Accused Of Flying To Sacramento County For Sex With Minor
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — A Texas man was arrested after allegedly flying to Sacramento County to prey on an underage teenage girl.
James Wade Farmer, 19, is accused of traveling from Splendora, Texas, to prey on the young teen.
Investigators say over the weekend they met through Skype and agreed to meet at a Sacramento motel. The family didn’t know about the encounter and called 911 when the teen was gone for an extended period of time.
The family checked the Victim’s recent Skype conversations, which eventually led deputies to the motel room, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Lisa Bowman said.
“Basically officers went to the motel room confirmed his identity took a statement and arrested him for sexual battery on a minor,” she said.
Farmer is being held on $250,000 bail.