Demolition For Sacramento Kings Arena Beginning on Aug. 1
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings have confirmed that demolition of Downtown Plaza for a new Sacramento Kings arena will start on Aug. 1 at 6 a.m.
The first week of activity will include plywood barricades to replace temporary fencing panels, moving bus stops from L Street to Capitol Mall between Ninth Street and Capitol Mall. Work will also be done on the interior of the existing Downtown Plaza, and new concrete ramps will be poured at Sixth and L streets, and Seventh and L streets.
The Downtown Plaza east garage entrances along Sixth Street at L and J streets will be closed for the entire construction process. All other entrances and exits will remain closed.
Work will be between 6 a.m .and 11 p.m., while street work on L and J streets will happen on nights and weekends between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. All lanes will remain open.