Demolition For Sacramento Kings Arena Beginning on Aug. 1
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings have confirmed that demolition of Downtown Plaza for a new Sacramento Kings arena will start on Aug. 1 at 6 a.m.
The first week of activity will include plywood barricades to replace temporary fencing panels, moving bus stops from L Street to Capitol Mall between Ninth Street and Capitol Mall. Work will also be done on the interior of the existing Downtown Plaza, and new concrete ramps will be poured at Sixth and L streets, and Seventh and L streets.
The Downtown Plaza east garage entrances along Sixth Street at L and J streets will be closed for the entire construction process. All other entrances and exits will remain closed.
Work will be between 6 a.m .and 11 p.m., while street work on L and J streets will happen on nights and weekends between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. All lanes will remain open.