Demolition For Sacramento Kings Arena Beginning on Aug. 1
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings have confirmed that demolition of Downtown Plaza for a new Sacramento Kings arena will start on Aug. 1 at 6 a.m.
The first week of activity will include plywood barricades to replace temporary fencing panels, moving bus stops from L Street to Capitol Mall between Ninth Street and Capitol Mall. Work will also be done on the interior of the existing Downtown Plaza, and new concrete ramps will be poured at Sixth and L streets, and Seventh and L streets.
The Downtown Plaza east garage entrances along Sixth Street at L and J streets will be closed for the entire construction process. All other entrances and exits will remain closed.
Work will be between 6 a.m .and 11 p.m., while street work on L and J streets will happen on nights and weekends between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. All lanes will remain open.