Demolition For Sacramento Kings Arena Beginning on Aug. 1
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings have confirmed that demolition of Downtown Plaza for a new Sacramento Kings arena will start on Aug. 1 at 6 a.m.
The first week of activity will include plywood barricades to replace temporary fencing panels, moving bus stops from L Street to Capitol Mall between Ninth Street and Capitol Mall. Work will also be done on the interior of the existing Downtown Plaza, and new concrete ramps will be poured at Sixth and L streets, and Seventh and L streets.
The Downtown Plaza east garage entrances along Sixth Street at L and J streets will be closed for the entire construction process. All other entrances and exits will remain closed.
Work will be between 6 a.m .and 11 p.m., while street work on L and J streets will happen on nights and weekends between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. All lanes will remain open.