FOLSOM (CBS13) – Two people were injured after their car crashed into a bus stop and a building early Thursday morning.
At 2 a.m. Thursday, Folsom fire crews responded to reports of a car that crashed into the side of a Starbucks building on east Bidwell Street and Broadstone Parkway. When emergency crews arrived, they found a yellow sports car lying on its side next to the building. A male and female who were inside the car were taken to the hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.
Witnesses told police the car appeared to be racing another vehicle, both going upwards of 100 mph, when it jumped the median, hit a bus stop, a tree, the building and came to rest on its side, according to Folsom Police Department spokesperson Sgt. Aaron Zelaya.
The Starbucks was not seriously damaged. It is back open for business.
- Folsom Police Officer Will Run CIM In Full Uniform
- Thousands Flock To Folsom To Celebrate Veterans Day
- These Tips Can Help Tenants Find A Place In Sacramento’s Rental Market
- Police Identify Burglary Suspect Involved In Folsom Crash
- Folsom Police Defend Pursuit Policy After Crash Injures Mother, Child In Van