2 People Injured After Car Hits Bus Stop, Tree And Building In Folsom
FOLSOM (CBS13) – Two people were injured after their car crashed into a bus stop and a building early Thursday morning.
At 2 a.m. Thursday, Folsom fire crews responded to reports of a car that crashed into the side of a Starbucks building on east Bidwell Street and Broadstone Parkway. When emergency crews arrived, they found a yellow sports car lying on its side next to the building. A male and female who were inside the car were taken to the hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.
Witnesses told police the car appeared to be racing another vehicle, both going upwards of 100 mph, when it jumped the median, hit a bus stop, a tree, the building and came to rest on its side, according to Folsom Police Department spokesperson Sgt. Aaron Zelaya.
The Starbucks was not seriously damaged. It is back open for business.
- Regulator: Roseville, Folsom Could Run Out Of Water By September If Folsom Lake Releases Continue
- Warm, Dry Weather Bringing Out More Rattlesnakes; 2 Children Bitten
- Folsom Boy Hit By Car Dies
- Folsom Closing Lanes To Create Drought-Tolerant Medians
- Folsom Cuts Back Waterfall Use As City Aims Big Water Cutbacks In Drought