FOLSOM (CBS13) – Two people were injured after their car crashed into a bus stop and a building early Thursday morning.
At 2 a.m. Thursday, Folsom fire crews responded to reports of a car that crashed into the side of a Starbucks building on east Bidwell Street and Broadstone Parkway. When emergency crews arrived, they found a yellow sports car lying on its side next to the building. A male and female who were inside the car were taken to the hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.
Witnesses told police the car appeared to be racing another vehicle, both going upwards of 100 mph, when it jumped the median, hit a bus stop, a tree, the building and came to rest on its side, according to Folsom Police Department spokesperson Sgt. Aaron Zelaya.
The Starbucks was not seriously damaged. It is back open for business.
- Folsom Detectives Searching For More Victims Of Child Exploitation Suspect
- PG&E Crews Scour Folsom Neighborhood Looking For Gas Leaks
- Sutter Middle School Teacher Retiring After Confederate Flag Controversy
- Folsom Teacher On Leave After Confederate Flag Found Hanging In Classroom
- Jackknifed Big Rig Blocking EB Highway 50 In Folsom