2 People Injured After Car Hits Bus Stop, Tree And Building In Folsom
FOLSOM (CBS13) – Two people were injured after their car crashed into a bus stop and a building early Thursday morning.
At 2 a.m. Thursday, Folsom fire crews responded to reports of a car that crashed into the side of a Starbucks building on east Bidwell Street and Broadstone Parkway. When emergency crews arrived, they found a yellow sports car lying on its side next to the building. A male and female who were inside the car were taken to the hospital to be treated for unknown injuries.
Witnesses told police the car appeared to be racing another vehicle, both going upwards of 100 mph, when it jumped the median, hit a bus stop, a tree, the building and came to rest on its side, according to Folsom Police Department spokesperson Sgt. Aaron Zelaya.
The Starbucks was not seriously damaged. It is back open for business.
- Small Victories Highlight Folsom Firefighter’s Road To Recovery Following Coma
- Folsom Woman Reunited With Box Of Memories Nearly Two Decades Later
- UPDATE: Missing Folsom Teen Found
- Mountain Lion Captured In Folsom Neighborhood
- Folsom Neighbors Vow To Fight Developer’s Housing Plan All The Way To The City Council