Sacramento Man Arrested In Connection With Tahoe City Jewelry Store Heist
TAHOE CITY, Calif. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy who was driving past a jewelry store in Tahoe City when he heard a window smash nabbed one of three suspects and recovered the stolen jewelry.
Placer County Detective Sgt. Dave Hunt says 20-year-old Michael Potter of Sacramento was arrested on charges including commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Hunt told Lake Tahoe News the deputy saw three men and a truck in an alley behind the Bluestone Jewelry just after he heard the window break about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Two fled on foot and Potter drove off but the deputy caught up with him near the River Ranch on Highway 89.
Detectives are investigating whether the break-in is related to a similar “smash and grab” at a jewelry store in South Lake Tahoe in April.
- Former Staffer Claims She Was Fired After Sacramento City Councilman’s Sexual Harassment
- Minor-League Teams Have Tough Requirements For Bat Boys Before They Take Field
- More Planes Arrive At McClellan To Help California Wildfire Fight
- California Lottery: Play At The Pump Has Limits To Prevent Abuse
- C-130s From Colorado Arrive At McClellan To Join California Fire Fight