Sacramento Man Arrested In Connection With Tahoe City Jewelry Store Heist
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
TAHOE CITY, Calif. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy who was driving past a jewelry store in Tahoe City when he heard a window smash nabbed one of three suspects and recovered the stolen jewelry.
Placer County Detective Sgt. Dave Hunt says 20-year-old Michael Potter of Sacramento was arrested on charges including commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Hunt told Lake Tahoe News the deputy saw three men and a truck in an alley behind the Bluestone Jewelry just after he heard the window break about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Two fled on foot and Potter drove off but the deputy caught up with him near the River Ranch on Highway 89.
Detectives are investigating whether the break-in is related to a similar “smash and grab” at a jewelry store in South Lake Tahoe in April.
- No Toilet, No Rent: Sacramento Family Not Paying While Bathroom Is A Gaping Hole In The Floor
- Leaf Piles Beware: The Claw Is Patrolling The Streets Of Sacramento Through January
- Sacramento Surge Professional Indoor Soccer – Get your discounted tickets today!
- Sacramento Families Torn Apart By Immigration Laws Praise President Obama’s Decision
- Fight Over University Of California Tuition Hike Shifts To Sacramento