TAHOE CITY, Calif. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy who was driving past a jewelry store in Tahoe City when he heard a window smash nabbed one of three suspects and recovered the stolen jewelry.
Placer County Detective Sgt. Dave Hunt says 20-year-old Michael Potter of Sacramento was arrested on charges including commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Hunt told Lake Tahoe News the deputy saw three men and a truck in an alley behind the Bluestone Jewelry just after he heard the window break about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Two fled on foot and Potter drove off but the deputy caught up with him near the River Ranch on Highway 89.
Detectives are investigating whether the break-in is related to a similar “smash and grab” at a jewelry store in South Lake Tahoe in April.
- Two People Arrested In Connection With Homicide At Motel In Sacramento
- High-Speed Chase Through Downtown Sacramento Becomes Slow-Speed Chase, Ends In Arrest
- Slick Road Leads To Rollover Crash On I-80
- Golden 1 Center Nominated For Sports Facility Of The Year
- Deputies Investigating Homicide At Motel In Sacramento