Sacramento Man Arrested In Connection With Tahoe City Jewelry Store Heist
TAHOE CITY, Calif. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy who was driving past a jewelry store in Tahoe City when he heard a window smash nabbed one of three suspects and recovered the stolen jewelry.
Placer County Detective Sgt. Dave Hunt says 20-year-old Michael Potter of Sacramento was arrested on charges including commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Hunt told Lake Tahoe News the deputy saw three men and a truck in an alley behind the Bluestone Jewelry just after he heard the window break about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Two fled on foot and Potter drove off but the deputy caught up with him near the River Ranch on Highway 89.
Detectives are investigating whether the break-in is related to a similar “smash and grab” at a jewelry store in South Lake Tahoe in April.
- River Rescue Call Is Fifth In Less Than Two Weeks At American And Sacramento River Confluence
- Sacramento Kings Owner, Mayor Take Stand In Trial Over Arena Deal Legality
- Dangerous Sacramento Heat Forces Many To Seek Cooling Any Way They Can
- High-Speed Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends In Sacramento; Suspect Attempts To Assault K-9
- Broadband Outage Leaves Sacramento, Rocklin Customers With No Or Slow Internet