Sacramento Man Arrested In Connection With Tahoe City Jewelry Store Heist
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
TAHOE CITY, Calif. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy who was driving past a jewelry store in Tahoe City when he heard a window smash nabbed one of three suspects and recovered the stolen jewelry.
Placer County Detective Sgt. Dave Hunt says 20-year-old Michael Potter of Sacramento was arrested on charges including commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Hunt told Lake Tahoe News the deputy saw three men and a truck in an alley behind the Bluestone Jewelry just after he heard the window break about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Two fled on foot and Potter drove off but the deputy caught up with him near the River Ranch on Highway 89.
Detectives are investigating whether the break-in is related to a similar “smash and grab” at a jewelry store in South Lake Tahoe in April.
- Surveillance Video Shows Men In Security Company Shirts Swiping 8-Year-Old’s Purse, Tablet
- Gov. Jerry Brown Vetoes Ethics Bills, Saying They Don’t Address Anything Already Regulated
- Sacramento Homeowners Turn Tables On Suspected Burglar, Catch Him In Garage
- Local Pastor Becomes Homeless For 2 Weeks To Raise Funds For Homeless People
- Following Championship In Its First Year, Sacramento Republic Not Slowing Down In Offseason