Sacramento Man Arrested In Connection With Tahoe City Jewelry Store Heist
TAHOE CITY, Calif. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy who was driving past a jewelry store in Tahoe City when he heard a window smash nabbed one of three suspects and recovered the stolen jewelry.
Placer County Detective Sgt. Dave Hunt says 20-year-old Michael Potter of Sacramento was arrested on charges including commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Hunt told Lake Tahoe News the deputy saw three men and a truck in an alley behind the Bluestone Jewelry just after he heard the window break about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Two fled on foot and Potter drove off but the deputy caught up with him near the River Ranch on Highway 89.
Detectives are investigating whether the break-in is related to a similar “smash and grab” at a jewelry store in South Lake Tahoe in April.
- Proposed Sacramento Water District Merger Would Serve More Than 300,000 Customers
- Tower Records Documentary ‘All Things Must Pass’ Generating Sacramento Film Festival Buzz
- Sacramento Eyeing Improvements To Breathe Life Into Broadway
- All 4 Victims Of Highway 50 Crash Identified
- MLS Will Have Plan In 6 Months To Expand Beyond 24 Teams