Sacramento Man Arrested In Connection With Tahoe City Jewelry Store Heist
TAHOE CITY, Calif. (AP) – A sheriff’s deputy who was driving past a jewelry store in Tahoe City when he heard a window smash nabbed one of three suspects and recovered the stolen jewelry.
Placer County Detective Sgt. Dave Hunt says 20-year-old Michael Potter of Sacramento was arrested on charges including commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Hunt told Lake Tahoe News the deputy saw three men and a truck in an alley behind the Bluestone Jewelry just after he heard the window break about 6 a.m. Wednesday.
Two fled on foot and Potter drove off but the deputy caught up with him near the River Ranch on Highway 89.
Detectives are investigating whether the break-in is related to a similar “smash and grab” at a jewelry store in South Lake Tahoe in April.
- France Train Hero Anthony Sadler Center Of Sermon At Father’s Church
- Red Cross Volunteers Reflect On Lessons Learned From Hurricane Katrina
- Local Company Looking For Ways To Put Spirit Of Sacramento In A Box
- Virginia Shooting Revives Mother’s Memories Of Daughter’s Death In Nevada County
- American River Parkway Fire Sends Smoke Into Sacramento Skies