Man, 21, Charged In Murder Of Elderly Elk Grove Man
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police say they have arrested a person of interest in the murder of a 75-year-old man.
Kyle Smith, 21, has been arrested on a charge of homicide, according to the Elk Grove Police Department. Smith had already been in police custody a few hours after the incident that left Xihao Huang dead.
Huang was found in a field near Whitelock Parkway and Bellaterra Drive just before 1 p.m. July 24. Police say that Huang had been stabbed several times.
A charge of homicide was added to Smith’s booking sheet at Sacramento County Jail after a week-long investigation by detectives.