California Boy Sets Himself On Fire In Online Dare
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SANTA ANA (AP) – Authorities say a 16-year-old Southern California boy has suffered burns after setting himself on fire for an online dare.
The Orange County Register reports that investigators believe the teen was trying the “fire challenge” that has spread on social media.
Fire Capt. Larry Kurtz says the teen apparently placed nail polish remover on his chest and lit it Friday afternoon in his Santa Ana home.
Kurtz says the boy was taken to a hospital with first- and second-degree burns on his face, neck and hips but the injuries aren’t considered life-threatening.
Online videos show several people performing similar stunts before putting out the flames.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.