California Boy Sets Himself On Fire In Online Dare
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SANTA ANA (AP) – Authorities say a 16-year-old Southern California boy has suffered burns after setting himself on fire for an online dare.
The Orange County Register reports that investigators believe the teen was trying the “fire challenge” that has spread on social media.
Fire Capt. Larry Kurtz says the teen apparently placed nail polish remover on his chest and lit it Friday afternoon in his Santa Ana home.
Kurtz says the boy was taken to a hospital with first- and second-degree burns on his face, neck and hips but the injuries aren’t considered life-threatening.
Online videos show several people performing similar stunts before putting out the flames.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.