Police Looking For Man Who Attacked Girl, 16, Along Cordelia Trail
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
CORDELIA (CBS13) – Authorities in Fairfield are asking for help in finding a man suspected of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old early Saturday afternoon.
According to the Fairfield Police Department, the girl was jogging on a trail near Oakbrook Drive in the Cordelia area when a young man walked up behind her. The girl says the man asked her for directions, but then proceeded to assault her.
Police say the girl was able to fight back and get away, running to her home nearby. The man also took off, however.
The girl, with the help of a relative, soon called Fairfield Police and alerted them about the incident. Police officers, a police K9 and a California Highway Patrol air unit searched the area for the attacker but could not find him.
Police say the suspect is described as a thin white man, about 18-years-old, who was wearing a black shirt and gray sweatpants during the attack.
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department at (707) 428-7300.