Police Looking For Man Who Attacked Girl, 16, Along Cordelia Trail
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CORDELIA (CBS13) – Authorities in Fairfield are asking for help in finding a man suspected of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old early Saturday afternoon.
According to the Fairfield Police Department, the girl was jogging on a trail near Oakbrook Drive in the Cordelia area when a young man walked up behind her. The girl says the man asked her for directions, but then proceeded to assault her.
Police say the girl was able to fight back and get away, running to her home nearby. The man also took off, however.
The girl, with the help of a relative, soon called Fairfield Police and alerted them about the incident. Police officers, a police K9 and a California Highway Patrol air unit searched the area for the attacker but could not find him.
Police say the suspect is described as a thin white man, about 18-years-old, who was wearing a black shirt and gray sweatpants during the attack.
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department at (707) 428-7300.