CSU Stanislaus Makes Princeton Review’s Top Colleges List For Ninth-Straight Year
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
TURLOCK – California State University, Stanislaus knows how to make a good first impression. The campus boasts several ponds with waterfowl, tree lined walkways, and blooming flowers outside most of the academic buildings.
“Well, it is a beautiful campus in my opinion,” said student Mark Trevena.
“Take a blanket out and do work and study,” said sophomore Amber Mage. “It’s just very peaceful.”
- Syracuse University Tops Princeton Review’s List Of Top 20 Party Schools In Nation
- Top 20 Party Schools In 2014 According To Princeton Review
- Top 20 Sober Schools In 2014 According To Princeton Review
CSUS also knows how to leave a lasting impression. It made the list of Princeton Review’s top colleges nine years in a row. Forbes and Money Magazine have also ranked CSUS as a best college for its affordability and students’ postgraduate success.
“We have a lot of accreditations,” said Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs James Strong. “In business, masters in public administration, theater, music, all have specialized accreditations.”
The university recently renovated its science buildings and added three solar panels, which helped it make Princeton Review’s Green College list.
The administrators and several students said it’s the people who make up the university, who contribute to CSUS making the national lists.
“Most of our faculty, staff, and administrators all know each other and we work effectively as a team,” said Strong.
“If you need help and you go to their office, even if it’s just a one little, simple question, they’ll still take the time out and help you,” said Mage.
Strong said there is only friendly competition among the other 23 state university campuses, that are all happy for Stanislaus top billing.