Woodland Windmill Will Feature ‘Whimsical’ Birds Outside New Commercial Building
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A new public art sculpture is taking flight in Woodland. Artist Jack Cooper has sculpted a series of “whimsical” metal birds perched on a windmill that will be installed outside the new commercial building at 201 East Street.
The Woodland Planning Commission will consider approving the sculpture this week.
City officials say the owl, hawk, and vulture will not be painted so they can acquire an “aesthetically appealing patina.”
Public artwork is required in all commercial and industrial development as part of the city’s community design standards.