Woodland Windmill Will Feature ‘Whimsical’ Birds Outside New Commercial Building
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A new public art sculpture is taking flight in Woodland. Artist Jack Cooper has sculpted a series of “whimsical” metal birds perched on a windmill that will be installed outside the new commercial building at 201 East Street.
The Woodland Planning Commission will consider approving the sculpture this week.
City officials say the owl, hawk, and vulture will not be painted so they can acquire an “aesthetically appealing patina.”
Public artwork is required in all commercial and industrial development as part of the city’s community design standards.