Robbery Suspects Use Unsuspecting Taxi As Getaway Car
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a pair of men who robbed a man Monday evening used an unsuspecting taxi driver for their getaway.
The incident happened just after 6 p.m. along the 6500 block of Inglewood Avenue, according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers were told that a man was sitting on the sidewalk in the area when two men got out of a brown taxi cab.
The men then walked up, took the man’s laptop and then tried to punch the victim when he tried to snatch it back. Police say the men then got back into the waiting taxi and left.
Police say that the victim believes the taxi cab driver was none the wiser about the crime his passengers just committed.