Robbery Suspects Use Unsuspecting Taxi As Getaway Car
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a pair of men who robbed a man Monday evening used an unsuspecting taxi driver for their getaway.
The incident happened just after 6 p.m. along the 6500 block of Inglewood Avenue, according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers were told that a man was sitting on the sidewalk in the area when two men got out of a brown taxi cab.
The men then walked up, took the man’s laptop and then tried to punch the victim when he tried to snatch it back. Police say the men then got back into the waiting taxi and left.
Police say that the victim believes the taxi cab driver was none the wiser about the crime his passengers just committed.