Robbery Suspects Use Unsuspecting Taxi As Getaway Car
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a pair of men who robbed a man Monday evening used an unsuspecting taxi driver for their getaway.
The incident happened just after 6 p.m. along the 6500 block of Inglewood Avenue, according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers were told that a man was sitting on the sidewalk in the area when two men got out of a brown taxi cab.
The men then walked up, took the man’s laptop and then tried to punch the victim when he tried to snatch it back. Police say the men then got back into the waiting taxi and left.
Police say that the victim believes the taxi cab driver was none the wiser about the crime his passengers just committed.