Robbery Suspects Use Unsuspecting Taxi As Getaway Car
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a pair of men who robbed a man Monday evening used an unsuspecting taxi driver for their getaway.
The incident happened just after 6 p.m. along the 6500 block of Inglewood Avenue, according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers were told that a man was sitting on the sidewalk in the area when two men got out of a brown taxi cab.
The men then walked up, took the man’s laptop and then tried to punch the victim when he tried to snatch it back. Police say the men then got back into the waiting taxi and left.
Police say that the victim believes the taxi cab driver was none the wiser about the crime his passengers just committed.