Robbery Suspects Use Unsuspecting Taxi As Getaway Car
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police say that a pair of men who robbed a man Monday evening used an unsuspecting taxi driver for their getaway.
The incident happened just after 6 p.m. along the 6500 block of Inglewood Avenue, according to the Stockton Police Department. Officers were told that a man was sitting on the sidewalk in the area when two men got out of a brown taxi cab.
The men then walked up, took the man’s laptop and then tried to punch the victim when he tried to snatch it back. Police say the men then got back into the waiting taxi and left.
Police say that the victim believes the taxi cab driver was none the wiser about the crime his passengers just committed.