Man Claiming To Be Actor From ‘Twilight’ Faces Sex Charges
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
NEWTON, Iowa (AP) – A California man who police say claimed to be an actor from the “Twilight” movie series to entice girls faces several charges in Iowa including sexual abuse.
The Newton Police Department and Jasper County Sheriff’s Office say 33-year-old David A. LaVera faces multiple charges in connection with incidents involving minors. The charges include third-degree sexual abuse, sexual exploitation of a minor and invasion of privacy.
Authorities say LaVera performed a sex act on a 14-year-old girl and used a smartphone to record a 12-year-old girl taking a shower, among other allegations. LaVera is also accused of telling one of his victims that he was an actor from the “Twilight” movie series in order to entice her to a park.
Court records do not list an attorney for LaVera.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.