Man Claiming To Be Actor From ‘Twilight’ Faces Sex Charges
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
NEWTON, Iowa (AP) – A California man who police say claimed to be an actor from the “Twilight” movie series to entice girls faces several charges in Iowa including sexual abuse.
The Newton Police Department and Jasper County Sheriff’s Office say 33-year-old David A. LaVera faces multiple charges in connection with incidents involving minors. The charges include third-degree sexual abuse, sexual exploitation of a minor and invasion of privacy.
Authorities say LaVera performed a sex act on a 14-year-old girl and used a smartphone to record a 12-year-old girl taking a shower, among other allegations. LaVera is also accused of telling one of his victims that he was an actor from the “Twilight” movie series in order to entice her to a park.
Court records do not list an attorney for LaVera.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.