Man Claiming To Be Actor From ‘Twilight’ Faces Sex Charges
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
NEWTON, Iowa (AP) – A California man who police say claimed to be an actor from the “Twilight” movie series to entice girls faces several charges in Iowa including sexual abuse.
The Newton Police Department and Jasper County Sheriff’s Office say 33-year-old David A. LaVera faces multiple charges in connection with incidents involving minors. The charges include third-degree sexual abuse, sexual exploitation of a minor and invasion of privacy.
Authorities say LaVera performed a sex act on a 14-year-old girl and used a smartphone to record a 12-year-old girl taking a shower, among other allegations. LaVera is also accused of telling one of his victims that he was an actor from the “Twilight” movie series in order to entice her to a park.
Court records do not list an attorney for LaVera.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.