2 Killed In Robbery Of Marijuana Grow
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
FRESNO, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say the robbery of a marijuana grow in Central California triggered a gunbattle in which two people were killed and a 15-year-old girl was used as a human shield by fleeing robbers.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Sims said two other gunmen were arrested and three remained at large following Thursday’s pre-dawn violence.
She said deputies heard the sound of gunfire as they responded to calls of a robbery at a house south of Fresno. They saw two cars speeding away and were only able to stop one when it pulled up to a hospital with a wounded man in a ski mask.
Suspects in the other car took the girl hostage and dropped her off near downtown Fresno.
Another robber found near the house later died of gunshot wounds.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)