Folsom Baby Stabbed To Death Identified
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
FOLSOM (CBS13) – The Folsom baby stabbed to death Thursday afternoon has been identified.
According to the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office, the baby is Roberto Valera – who was 5 months and 25 days old.
His mother was also stabbed in the same incident and is now hospitalized in critical condition.
It all started on a quiet Folsom neighborhood yesterday afternoon along Montrose Drive. Witnesses said that they saw the man and woman arguing earlier in the day, chasing each other around.
An officer who arrived at the scene fired a single round at a suspect in his 20s who was carrying a knife, allegedly threatening and struggling with officers.
It wasn’t until later police would make a disturbing discovery: the suspect stabbed his own aunt and her baby.
The suspect, who has not been identified, died later Thursday afternoon from his injuries.
The boy’s mother is listed in the coroner’s report as Arela Aguilar.