Folsom Baby Stabbed To Death Identified
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – The Folsom baby stabbed to death Thursday afternoon has been identified.
According to the Sacramento County Coroner’s Office, the baby is Roberto Valera – who was 5 months and 25 days old.
His mother was also stabbed in the same incident and is now hospitalized in critical condition.
It all started on a quiet Folsom neighborhood yesterday afternoon along Montrose Drive. Witnesses said that they saw the man and woman arguing earlier in the day, chasing each other around.
An officer who arrived at the scene fired a single round at a suspect in his 20s who was carrying a knife, allegedly threatening and struggling with officers.
It wasn’t until later police would make a disturbing discovery: the suspect stabbed his own aunt and her baby.
The suspect, who has not been identified, died later Thursday afternoon from his injuries.
The boy’s mother is listed in the coroner’s report as Arela Aguilar.