First off, something that you need to know about me before I launch into this review is that I love car action films. I enjoy car chases, races, and cars defying the boundaries of reality. Also, being familiar with the Need for Speed video games, I was certain that this movie was going to deliver it.
Now in preparation for the expected awesomeness of watching Need For Speed on Blu Ray, I made arrangements to watch it on my friends 65″ LCD. The picture quality was amazing, you could even see the grease stains on the mechanics’ shirts.
Great sound, the engine revs and squealing tires put the action in the living room. The acting wasn’t as bad as most car/action movies and the storyline kept me interested. However, it was hard to not think of Aaron Paul as his character from Breaking Bad. I kept waiting for him to drop some of his usual Pinkman lines, which thankfully never came.
The Blu-Ray also came with the Digital Plus Copy, which I loaded to Google Play and checked the quality. Great sound and quality of picture, with no streaming issues. The Blu-Ray though definitely enhanced the viewing experience.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the fast cars, impossible storyline, and high octane power tale of retribution. If a sequel happens, I’ll be in line to watch it.
Here are some details about this Blu-Ray Pack:
Digital HD & SD*
Blu-ray Combo Pack (BD + Digital Copy)
• Capturing Speed: Making An Authentic Car Movie
• Ties That Bind
• The Circus Is In Town
• Feature Audio Commentary with Director Scott Waugh and Aaron Paul**
• Monarch & Maverick Outtakes with Introduction by Director Scott Waugh
• 4 Deleted Scenes with Introductions by Director Scott Waugh
• The Sound Of Need For Speed
• “B-Camera” – Crash Compilation with introduction by Director Scott Waugh (Easter Egg)
• Need For Speed™ Rivals Trailer
*Digital bonus offerings will vary per retailer
**Audio commentary not available for digital
Feature Run Time: Approximately 130 minutes
Rating: “PG-13” in U.S., CE: PG and CF Rating: G
Additional Bonus Features Not Rated
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray Feature Film = 2.39:1
DVD Feature Film = 2.39:1
Audio: Blu-ray Feature Film = 7.1 DTS HDMA
DVD Feature Film = 5.1 Dolby
Languages/Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, French-Canadian, English DVS/English, Latin Spanish, French-Canadian (Applies To Film Content Only)
Stay connected with the latest news and information about Need for Speed:
• “Like” on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NeedforSpeed
• Follow on Twitter: www.twitter.com/NeedforSpeed
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/needforspeed#
• Tumblr: http://needforspeedmovie.tumblr.com/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NeedForSpeed
• Website and Mobile Site: http://www.theneedforspeedmovie.com/