Big Tear Down At Downtown Plaza Begins
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Crews have been working inside the Downtown Plaza the past few weeks, prepping it for demolition.
But Wednesday, the first visible signs of demolition were seen as crews started tearing down some of the concrete and steel of the building at the corner of L and 6th Streets. An excavator can be seen tearing through the outer walls of the building.
Crews will be trying to tear down the entire section of the plaza Wednesday.
A window has been set up at 7th and K Streets for the public to safely watch the demolition. The window will be open as demolition continues and construction on the new arena begins.
Follow progress of the Downtown Plaza demolition with our near-live Sacramento Entertainment & Sports Center Construction Cam.