Big Tear Down At Downtown Plaza Begins
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Crews have been working inside the Downtown Plaza the past few weeks, prepping it for demolition.
But Wednesday, the first visible signs of demolition were seen as crews started tearing down some of the concrete and steel of the building at the corner of L and 6th Streets. An excavator can be seen tearing through the outer walls of the building.
Crews will be trying to tear down the entire section of the plaza Wednesday.
A window has been set up at 7th and K Streets for the public to safely watch the demolition. The window will be open as demolition continues and construction on the new arena begins.
Follow progress of the Downtown Plaza demolition with our near-live Sacramento Entertainment & Sports Center Construction Cam.