Roseville Man, Rio Linda Man Die When Motorcycles Hit SUV In Sacramento County
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — Two men on motorcycles are dead in Sacramento County after they collided with an SUV on Antelope Road, east of Watt Avenue Friday night.
The CHP says a 23-year-old man from Roseville, and a 29-year-old man from Rio Linda were traveling eastbound on motorcycles at more than 80 mph when they slammed into the SUV, which was westbound and making a left-hand turn.
Both motorcyclist were killed on impact. The driver of the SUV was not seriously injured.
The CHP says one of the motorcyclist may have been doing a wheelie at the time.
“We’ve had a rash of motorcycle fatalities this year” says CHP officer Chad Hurtzell, and “If you’re on a motorcycle it’s hard enough for people to see you. Couple that with darkness, dark clothing, and excessive speed, and you’re just asking to get hurt or killed.”
Sunday, CHP identified the two killed as Zackary Robert Kirk, from Roseville, and Jason David McQuay, from Rio Linda.