Roseville Man, Rio Linda Man Die When Motorcycles Hit SUV In Sacramento County
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — Two men on motorcycles are dead in Sacramento County after they collided with an SUV on Antelope Road, east of Watt Avenue Friday night.
The CHP says a 23-year-old man from Roseville, and a 29-year-old man from Rio Linda were traveling eastbound on motorcycles at more than 80 mph when they slammed into the SUV, which was westbound and making a left-hand turn.
Both motorcyclist were killed on impact. The driver of the SUV was not seriously injured.
The CHP says one of the motorcyclist may have been doing a wheelie at the time.
“We’ve had a rash of motorcycle fatalities this year” says CHP officer Chad Hurtzell, and “If you’re on a motorcycle it’s hard enough for people to see you. Couple that with darkness, dark clothing, and excessive speed, and you’re just asking to get hurt or killed.”
Sunday, CHP identified the two killed as Zackary Robert Kirk, from Roseville, and Jason David McQuay, from Rio Linda.