Police Arrest Suspect Who Reportedly Fired Gun Into The Air
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police arrested a suspect who reportedly fired a gun into the air Friday morning.
The incident happened some time before 8:30 a.m. near 10th and U streets, a couple of blocks east of Southside Park.
Officers were able to surround a home where the suspect was believed to be hiding. Officers then safely detained the occupants.
Police later announced that the suspect – 30-year-old Christopher Harvey – was in custody without injuries to anyone. A handgun has been found, police say.
The streets surrounding the area were closed for the duration of the investigation.
Harvey was booked at Sacramento County Jail on charges of reckless discharge of a firearm.