Elk Grove Man Hit, Killed On I-80 Outside Of Davis
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – An Elk Grove man is dead after being hit by a car along Interstate 80 just outside of Davis late Saturday night.
According to California Highway Patrol, a Toyota Tundra hauling a boat trailer pulled over to the shoulder of eastbound I-80 near the Highway 113 merge due to a flat tire on the trailer.
Two men from the truck then got out and ran across the SR-113 transition road to wait on the south side of the steel guardrail. Another man then unhooked the trailer and drove off to find a replacement tire.
CHP says that the driver returned a little after 11:30 p.m. and the two men waiting ran back across the two-lane road. One of the men made it safely across, but the other man – 40-year-old Larry Vidaury – was hit by a 2005 Chevy Malibu.
Vidaury was pronounced dead at the scene.
Drugs or alcohol do not look to be a factor in the incident, according to CHP. The roadway was partially closed for an hour during the accident investigation.