Elderly Couple Found Dead In Placerville Home Identified
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – Authorities have identified the elderly man and woman who were found dead in a Placerville home Tuesday.
According to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, 85-year-old Barbara Dozier and 83-year-old Gene Bunch were found dead in their 3300 block of Gold Nugget Court home.
Deputies who responded to the scene found that both Bunch and Dozier were shot. Detectives are currently looking into the circumstances surrounding the pair’s death, noting that all possibilities – including the incident being a murder-suicide – are being investigated.
Investigators have said that they do not believe this is any outstanding threat to public safety.
Bunch and Dozier were not married but had lived together for several years, the sheriff’s office says.