Elderly Couple Found Dead In Placerville Home Identified
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – Authorities have identified the elderly man and woman who were found dead in a Placerville home Tuesday.
According to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, 85-year-old Barbara Dozier and 83-year-old Gene Bunch were found dead in their 3300 block of Gold Nugget Court home.
Deputies who responded to the scene found that both Bunch and Dozier were shot. Detectives are currently looking into the circumstances surrounding the pair’s death, noting that all possibilities – including the incident being a murder-suicide – are being investigated.
Investigators have said that they do not believe this is any outstanding threat to public safety.
Bunch and Dozier were not married but had lived together for several years, the sheriff’s office says.