Elderly Couple Found Dead In Placerville Home Identified
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – Authorities have identified the elderly man and woman who were found dead in a Placerville home Tuesday.
According to the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, 85-year-old Barbara Dozier and 83-year-old Gene Bunch were found dead in their 3300 block of Gold Nugget Court home.
Deputies who responded to the scene found that both Bunch and Dozier were shot. Detectives are currently looking into the circumstances surrounding the pair’s death, noting that all possibilities – including the incident being a murder-suicide – are being investigated.
Investigators have said that they do not believe this is any outstanding threat to public safety.
Bunch and Dozier were not married but had lived together for several years, the sheriff’s office says.