Hay Fire In Dixon Causing Unsually Smelly Smoke
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
DIXON (CBS13) – If the Sacramento area smells a little funky Thursday morning, officials say it’s probably from a fire burning in Dixon.
According to the Dixon Fire Department, a hay fire at a large dairy farm along Midway Road has been burning since yesterday. The fire started in some alfalfa in hay in the barn.
Crews were able to move the hay outside, saving the barn and two-thirds of the hay. However, due to the hay being hard to put out, fire officials say, crews are letting the hay that did catch fire smolder.
The hay could burn for days, officials say.