Hay Fire In Dixon Causing Unsually Smelly Smoke
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – If the Sacramento area smells a little funky Thursday morning, officials say it’s probably from a fire burning in Dixon.
According to the Dixon Fire Department, a hay fire at a large dairy farm along Midway Road has been burning since yesterday. The fire started in some alfalfa in hay in the barn.
Crews were able to move the hay outside, saving the barn and two-thirds of the hay. However, due to the hay being hard to put out, fire officials say, crews are letting the hay that did catch fire smolder.
The hay could burn for days, officials say.