Hay Fire In Dixon Causing Unsually Smelly Smoke
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – If the Sacramento area smells a little funky Thursday morning, officials say it’s probably from a fire burning in Dixon.
According to the Dixon Fire Department, a hay fire at a large dairy farm along Midway Road has been burning since yesterday. The fire started in some alfalfa in hay in the barn.
Crews were able to move the hay outside, saving the barn and two-thirds of the hay. However, due to the hay being hard to put out, fire officials say, crews are letting the hay that did catch fire smolder.
The hay could burn for days, officials say.