Hay Fire In Dixon Causing Unsually Smelly Smoke
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – If the Sacramento area smells a little funky Thursday morning, officials say it’s probably from a fire burning in Dixon.
According to the Dixon Fire Department, a hay fire at a large dairy farm along Midway Road has been burning since yesterday. The fire started in some alfalfa in hay in the barn.
Crews were able to move the hay outside, saving the barn and two-thirds of the hay. However, due to the hay being hard to put out, fire officials say, crews are letting the hay that did catch fire smolder.
The hay could burn for days, officials say.