Hay Fire In Dixon Causing Unsually Smelly Smoke
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
DIXON (CBS13) – If the Sacramento area smells a little funky Thursday morning, officials say it’s probably from a fire burning in Dixon.
According to the Dixon Fire Department, a hay fire at a large dairy farm along Midway Road has been burning since yesterday. The fire started in some alfalfa in hay in the barn.
Crews were able to move the hay outside, saving the barn and two-thirds of the hay. However, due to the hay being hard to put out, fire officials say, crews are letting the hay that did catch fire smolder.
The hay could burn for days, officials say.