CHP: 4 Killed In Crash Near Colusa
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
COLUSA (CBS13) – A crash just south of Colusa has claimed the lives of four people, according to California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened near State Route 45 and Niagara Avenue just after 3 p.m. Saturday. According to CHP, a sedan carrying five people ran off the roadway on the right side of the road and went down an embankment, overturning into a canal.
Most of the car was submerged in about three feet of water, authorities said. Four people, who reportedly worked as farmers in the area, were killed in the crash. A fifth person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to CHP.
It is unclear why the car veered off the road. Investigators said that there were no skid marks to show the driver hit the brakes.
The victims are not said to be related, but it appears that they worked together.