CHP: 4 Killed In Crash Near Colusa
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
COLUSA (CBS13) – A crash just south of Colusa has claimed the lives of four people, according to California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened near State Route 45 and Niagara Avenue just after 3 p.m. Saturday. According to CHP, a sedan carrying five people ran off the roadway on the right side of the road and went down an embankment, overturning into a canal.
Most of the car was submerged in about three feet of water, authorities said. Four people, who reportedly worked as farmers in the area, were killed in the crash. A fifth person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to CHP.
It is unclear why the car veered off the road. Investigators said that there were no skid marks to show the driver hit the brakes.
The victims are not said to be related, but it appears that they worked together.