CHP: 4 Killed In Crash Near Colusa
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
COLUSA (CBS13) – A crash just south of Colusa has claimed the lives of four people, according to California Highway Patrol.
The crash happened near State Route 45 and Niagara Avenue just after 3 p.m. Saturday. According to CHP, a sedan carrying five people ran off the roadway on the right side of the road and went down an embankment, overturning into a canal.
Most of the car was submerged in about three feet of water, authorities said. Four people, who reportedly worked as farmers in the area, were killed in the crash. A fifth person was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, according to CHP.
It is unclear why the car veered off the road. Investigators said that there were no skid marks to show the driver hit the brakes.
The victims are not said to be related, but it appears that they worked together.