Traffic Stop Leads To Chase And Arrest In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police in Stockton arrested a man accused of leading police on a car chase over the weekend.
Around 6 p.m. Sunday, officers from the Community Response Team and the San Joaquin County Wide Multi-Agency Gang Taskforce tried to pull the suspect for a traffic violation, according to a Stockton Police Department statement. The suspect refused to stop, and led officers on a two mile-long chase that ended when he hit a tree at corner of Alexandria Place and Swain Road.
The driver, 32-year-old Elijah Burrell, got out of the car and was tackled to the ground by officers.
Police say they found a loaded handgun inside the car.
Burrell was arrested on various weapons and traffic charges.