Traffic Stop Leads To Chase And Arrest In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police in Stockton arrested a man accused of leading police on a car chase over the weekend.
Around 6 p.m. Sunday, officers from the Community Response Team and the San Joaquin County Wide Multi-Agency Gang Taskforce tried to pull the suspect for a traffic violation, according to a Stockton Police Department statement. The suspect refused to stop, and led officers on a two mile-long chase that ended when he hit a tree at corner of Alexandria Place and Swain Road.
The driver, 32-year-old Elijah Burrell, got out of the car and was tackled to the ground by officers.
Police say they found a loaded handgun inside the car.
Burrell was arrested on various weapons and traffic charges.