Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Police say a woman was fatally injured after she was run over by her own SUV last week.
According to the Roseville Police Department, the incident happened back on Aug. 22, a little before 8:30 a.m. Police and fire personnel were called to Rosemary Court, off of Roseville Parkway, due to some sort of accident.
Once at the scene, first responders found that a woman – identified by police as 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson – was pinned under her own SUV.
Police say Richardson had driven to the neighborhood, parked her car on the curb, then got out while the engine was running to pull out a bicycle from the rear passenger compartment. Somehow, the car rolled backwards, knocked her down and ran her over.
Richardson was taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center. She died from her injuries Wednesday, police say.
Members of Roseville Police’s Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team are continuing to investigate the incident.