Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Police say a woman was fatally injured after she was run over by her own SUV last week.
According to the Roseville Police Department, the incident happened back on Aug. 22, a little before 8:30 a.m. Police and fire personnel were called to Rosemary Court, off of Roseville Parkway, due to some sort of accident.
Once at the scene, first responders found that a woman – identified by police as 54-year-old Bernadette Ann Richardson – was pinned under her own SUV.
Police say Richardson had driven to the neighborhood, parked her car on the curb, then got out while the engine was running to pull out a bicycle from the rear passenger compartment. Somehow, the car rolled backwards, knocked her down and ran her over.
Richardson was taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center. She died from her injuries Wednesday, police say.
Members of Roseville Police’s Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Team are continuing to investigate the incident.