71-Year-Old Woman Arrested For Killing Her 96-Year-Old Mother
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a 71-year-old Orange County woman has been arrested in the shooting death of her 96-year-old mother.
A Sheriff’s Department statement said Friday that deputies responding to reports of gunshots found Gretchen DeStefano dead inside her home in unincorporated Rossmoor, adjacent to Los Alamitos.
Authorities arrested her daughter, Christine Reynolds, at the scene and seized a handgun. The sheriff’s statement said the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute but gave no details.
Reynolds was booked for investigation of murder and held on $1 million bail. Her first court appearance will be on Sept. 2.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)