71-Year-Old Woman Arrested For Killing Her 96-Year-Old Mother
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a 71-year-old Orange County woman has been arrested in the shooting death of her 96-year-old mother.
A Sheriff’s Department statement said Friday that deputies responding to reports of gunshots found Gretchen DeStefano dead inside her home in unincorporated Rossmoor, adjacent to Los Alamitos.
Authorities arrested her daughter, Christine Reynolds, at the scene and seized a handgun. The sheriff’s statement said the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute but gave no details.
Reynolds was booked for investigation of murder and held on $1 million bail. Her first court appearance will be on Sept. 2.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)