71-Year-Old Woman Arrested For Killing Her 96-Year-Old Mother
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a 71-year-old Orange County woman has been arrested in the shooting death of her 96-year-old mother.
A Sheriff’s Department statement said Friday that deputies responding to reports of gunshots found Gretchen DeStefano dead inside her home in unincorporated Rossmoor, adjacent to Los Alamitos.
Authorities arrested her daughter, Christine Reynolds, at the scene and seized a handgun. The sheriff’s statement said the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute but gave no details.
Reynolds was booked for investigation of murder and held on $1 million bail. Her first court appearance will be on Sept. 2.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)