WOODLAND (CBS13) – A CHP officer has been placed on leave after he was arrested on domestic violence charges.
Armando Ortega, 43, of Woodland was arrested Thursday night at his home following reports of a dispute with his spouse, according to a Woodland Police Department spokesperson. He was booked into the Yolo County Jail on charges of corporal injury to a spouse and later released on bail.
“Never thought that could happen. He was a real, real nice guy,” said Luis Navarro, a neighbor.
Officer Trevor Fee, a spokesperson for the CHP Valley Division, issued the following statement in response to inquiries about Ortega’s arrest:
“Even as the alleged incident occurred while the employee was off duty, the CHP takes any allegation of misconduct by its employees seriously. The CHP is fully cooperating with the investigating agency and is conducting its own administrative investigation into the allegations.”
- Body Of Missing Woodland Woman Found In Plumas County
- Bicycle Chase Ends With Man Arrested For Possession Of Meth In Woodland
- Search On For Woodland Woman Missing In Plumas County
- VIDEO: Firefighters Battle Intense Flames At Home In Woodland
- Health Officials Hope Long Weekend Helps Stem Norovirus Outbreak