Investigators Call Fires At Elk Grove Condo Acts Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Fire crews in Elk Grove are mopping up after suspicious fires at a condo.
Firefighters arrived a little after 2:30 a.m. on El Mirador Drive, off of Elk Grove Florin Road and Elk Grove Boulevard, finding that the first floor of a four-plex and an SUV were on fire.
According to Cosumnes Fire, there were three people – a man, woman and 3-year-old child – inside the condo when the fire started. Responders were told that the alarm of the car that was on fire woke them up, only for them to find that their downstairs living room was also on fire.
The three were able to get out of the building by making their way through a second-story window, then onto the roof of an adjoining apartment and making their way down from there.
The fires at the apartment and SUV do not extend to each other. Both of the fires are believed to have been acts of arson, but investigators are not saying if they are related.