Investigators Call Fires At Elk Grove Condo Acts Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Fire crews in Elk Grove are mopping up after suspicious fires at a condo.
Firefighters arrived a little after 2:30 a.m. on El Mirador Drive, off of Elk Grove Florin Road and Elk Grove Boulevard, finding that the first floor of a four-plex and an SUV were on fire.
According to Cosumnes Fire, there were three people – a man, woman and 3-year-old child – inside the condo when the fire started. Responders were told that the alarm of the car that was on fire woke them up, only for them to find that their downstairs living room was also on fire.
The three were able to get out of the building by making their way through a second-story window, then onto the roof of an adjoining apartment and making their way down from there.
The fires at the apartment and SUV do not extend to each other. Both of the fires are believed to have been acts of arson, but investigators are not saying if they are related.