Investigators Call Fires At Elk Grove Condo Acts Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Fire crews in Elk Grove are mopping up after suspicious fires at a condo.
Firefighters arrived a little after 2:30 a.m. on El Mirador Drive, off of Elk Grove Florin Road and Elk Grove Boulevard, finding that the first floor of a four-plex and an SUV were on fire.
According to Cosumnes Fire, there were three people – a man, woman and 3-year-old child – inside the condo when the fire started. Responders were told that the alarm of the car that was on fire woke them up, only for them to find that their downstairs living room was also on fire.
The three were able to get out of the building by making their way through a second-story window, then onto the roof of an adjoining apartment and making their way down from there.
The fires at the apartment and SUV do not extend to each other. Both of the fires are believed to have been acts of arson, but investigators are not saying if they are related.