Investigators Call Fires At Elk Grove Condo Acts Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Fire crews in Elk Grove are mopping up after suspicious fires at a condo.
Firefighters arrived a little after 2:30 a.m. on El Mirador Drive, off of Elk Grove Florin Road and Elk Grove Boulevard, finding that the first floor of a four-plex and an SUV were on fire.
According to Cosumnes Fire, there were three people – a man, woman and 3-year-old child – inside the condo when the fire started. Responders were told that the alarm of the car that was on fire woke them up, only for them to find that their downstairs living room was also on fire.
The three were able to get out of the building by making their way through a second-story window, then onto the roof of an adjoining apartment and making their way down from there.
The fires at the apartment and SUV do not extend to each other. Both of the fires are believed to have been acts of arson, but investigators are not saying if they are related.