Investigators Call Fires At Elk Grove Condo Acts Of Arson
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Fire crews in Elk Grove are mopping up after suspicious fires at a condo.
Firefighters arrived a little after 2:30 a.m. on El Mirador Drive, off of Elk Grove Florin Road and Elk Grove Boulevard, finding that the first floor of a four-plex and an SUV were on fire.
According to Cosumnes Fire, there were three people – a man, woman and 3-year-old child – inside the condo when the fire started. Responders were told that the alarm of the car that was on fire woke them up, only for them to find that their downstairs living room was also on fire.
The three were able to get out of the building by making their way through a second-story window, then onto the roof of an adjoining apartment and making their way down from there.
The fires at the apartment and SUV do not extend to each other. Both of the fires are believed to have been acts of arson, but investigators are not saying if they are related.