SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A firefighter was injured while battling a fire at a warehouse late Friday morning.
A Metro Fire official says the firefighter was ventilating the roof of a burning building at 4536 Auburn Boulevard when he fell 20 feet. The firefighter’s injuries are said to be minor, but he has been taken to the UC Davis Medical Center.
“Obviously it’s an extremely hazardous job; we train for that,” said Metro Fire Chief Chris Quinn. “Our crews immediately went in to the process of identifying who the firefighter was, what company the firefighter was with.”
The fire broke out around 10:15 a.m. Firefighters were soon able to control it and keep it from spreading to nearby structures.
Investigators are still at the scene trying to figure out what caused the fire. It is not known if anyone was inside the building at the start of the fire, but a sweep of the building by firefighters found no one inside.
- Missing Father Found Dead After Kayaking Trip Near Brannan Island
- Pregnant Sacramento Woman Forced To Give Birth After Being Shot
- Feds To Give Update On California’s Big Water Tunnels
- Once-Homeless Sisters Mingle With Track Stars At Nationals
- Man Suspected Of Spray-Painting St. Francis Parish With Swastikas Arrested