Firefighter Falls While Ventilating Roof During Warehouse Fire
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A firefighter was injured while battling a fire at a warehouse late Friday morning.
A Metro Fire official says the firefighter was ventilating the roof of a burning building at 4536 Auburn Boulevard when he fell 20 feet. The firefighter’s injuries are said to be minor, but he has been taken to the UC Davis Medical Center.
“Obviously it’s an extremely hazardous job; we train for that,” said Metro Fire Chief Chris Quinn. “Our crews immediately went in to the process of identifying who the firefighter was, what company the firefighter was with.”
The fire broke out around 10:15 a.m. Firefighters were soon able to control it and keep it from spreading to nearby structures.
Investigators are still at the scene trying to figure out what caused the fire. It is not known if anyone was inside the building at the start of the fire, but a sweep of the building by firefighters found no one inside.
- More Planes Arrive At McClellan To Help California Wildfire Fight
- California Lottery: Play At The Pump Has Limits To Prevent Abuse
- C-130s From Colorado Arrive At McClellan To Join California Fire Fight
- California Lottery, Gas Stations Let Drivers Play At The Pump
- Sacramento Considers Breaking Healthy Snack Pledge Over Profits