Man Hits Deer, Dies In Fire Following Crash
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – A man driving a Chevy Corvette was killed Thursday night after he hit a deer then crashed off the road.
The incident happened around 9:14 p.m. along Pass Road, east of Kellogg Road, northwest of Sutter. California Highway Patrol investigators say that the 47-year-old man was speeding westbound on Pass Road when he hit a deer.
The car – a 1986 Chevy Corvette – then spun out of control and into an embankment, overturning then catching fire with the driver still inside.
CHP says that witnesses at the scene tried to get the man out, but the car was soon fully engulfed.
Investigators are still looking into the incident. It is not known at this time if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.