Man Hits Deer, Dies In Fire Following Crash
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – A man driving a Chevy Corvette was killed Thursday night after he hit a deer then crashed off the road.
The incident happened around 9:14 p.m. along Pass Road, east of Kellogg Road, northwest of Sutter. California Highway Patrol investigators say that the 47-year-old man was speeding westbound on Pass Road when he hit a deer.
The car – a 1986 Chevy Corvette – then spun out of control and into an embankment, overturning then catching fire with the driver still inside.
CHP says that witnesses at the scene tried to get the man out, but the car was soon fully engulfed.
Investigators are still looking into the incident. It is not known at this time if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.