Man Hits Deer, Dies In Fire Following Crash
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – A man driving a Chevy Corvette was killed Thursday night after he hit a deer then crashed off the road.
The incident happened around 9:14 p.m. along Pass Road, east of Kellogg Road, northwest of Sutter. California Highway Patrol investigators say that the 47-year-old man was speeding westbound on Pass Road when he hit a deer.
The car – a 1986 Chevy Corvette – then spun out of control and into an embankment, overturning then catching fire with the driver still inside.
CHP says that witnesses at the scene tried to get the man out, but the car was soon fully engulfed.
Investigators are still looking into the incident. It is not known at this time if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.