Man Hits Deer, Dies In Fire Following Crash
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SUTTER COUNTY (CBS13) – A man driving a Chevy Corvette was killed Thursday night after he hit a deer then crashed off the road.
The incident happened around 9:14 p.m. along Pass Road, east of Kellogg Road, northwest of Sutter. California Highway Patrol investigators say that the 47-year-old man was speeding westbound on Pass Road when he hit a deer.
The car – a 1986 Chevy Corvette – then spun out of control and into an embankment, overturning then catching fire with the driver still inside.
CHP says that witnesses at the scene tried to get the man out, but the car was soon fully engulfed.
Investigators are still looking into the incident. It is not known at this time if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.