Truck Driver Loses Control Of Vehicle, Dies After Own Truck Runs Him Over In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A driver lost control of his semi-truck and was killed after his own truck ran him over, according to the California Highway Patrol.
Just before 1:30 p.m., officers say the man lost control of the rig while driving northbound on Interstate 5 at Hammer Lane. He exited the freeway and still did not have control when he slammed on his brakes.
The truck went between a cellphone tower and the Kentucky Fried Chicken, missing both.
The CHP says the driver was not wearing a seatbelt, and was thrown through the windshield. His truck continued moving and ran him over.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.