5-Year-Old Drowns In Pool At Stockton Home
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A child has drowned after falling into the pool of a Stockton home Wednesday afternoon.
Stockton Police say that officers were flagged down along the 2800 block of West Rose Street around 4 p.m. The officers were told that a 5-year-old boy had fallen into a pool and drowned.
The officers found the boy and started giving him CPR until paramedics got to the scene. The boy was soon taken to a nearby hospital, but was later pronounced dead.
The babysitter told police that the boy was playing with dogs in the backyard of the home while she was doing yard work. At some point, she realized that the boy had fallen into the pool and rushed over to pull him out.
She started doing CPR, but then ran over to a neighbor’s house to tell them to call 911.
It is unclear if any charges are pending in the case.